Emirates Airline announced (17-Jun-2021) it will activate over 30 of its A380 fleet in summer 2021, supplementing Boeing 777 operations on 129 weekly frequencies. The carrier plans to deploy A380 aircraft on the following 15 destinations during the period:
CAPA’s events attract the highest calibre of thought-leaders in the industry. This includes strong C-Level executive representation from all types of business models – from full service, LCCs and hybrid airlines.
- Traveltopia, Futurist, Johnny Thorsen
CAPA Live is the most sought-after monthly global aviation event. Taking place on the second Wednesday of each month, thousands of industry colleagues from across the globe tune in for their monthly dose of aviation and travel news, analysis, and in-depth interviews with industry leaders. Register here to be part of our growing community.
Egyptian Holding Company for Airports and Air Navigation, via its official website, reported (17-Jun-2021) the following traffic highlights for May-2021:
- Passengers: 1.5 million, -35.7% compared to May-2019;
- Aircraft movements: 15,298, -35.7%;
PAL Holdings reported (17-Jun-2021) the following financial highlights for the 12 months ended 31-Dec-2020:
- Revenue: PHP55,264 million (USD1.1 billion), -64.2% year-on-year;
- Passenger: PHP41,860 million (USD843.8 million), -68.8%;
- Cargo: PHP9413 million (USD189.7 million), +0.4%;
- Ancillary: PHP3980 million (USD80.2 million), -62.8%;
- Costs: PHP81,841 million (USD1.7 billion), -46.0%;
- Fuel: PHP18,726 million (USD377.5 million), -61.1%;
- Repairs and maintenance: PHP11,990 million (USD241.7 million), -40.2%;
- Labour: PHP8669 million (USD174.8 million), -42.2%;
- Profit before income tax (loss): (PHP65,870 million) (USD1.3 billion), compared to a loss of PHP11,200 million in p-c-p;
- Net profit (loss): (PHP73,084 million) (USD1.5 billion), compared to a loss of PHP9703 million in p-c-p;
- Total assets: PHP227,899 million (USD4.6 billion);
- Cash and cash equivalents: PHP2358 million (USD47.5 million);
- Total liabilities: PHP296,006 million (USD6.0 billion). [more - original PR]
*Based on the average conversion rate at PHP1 = USD0.02016
Bamboo Airways announced (17-Jun-2021) it will commence preparations to trial the IATA Travel Pass app on international services in the coming months. Bamboo Airways aims to establish an airport area for checking the compliance of passengers and providing governments with valid information to ensure safe travel. The airline expects the IATA Travel Pass "will be the cornerstone of the international route reopening" and particularly the operation of nonstop Vietnam-US services. [more - original PR]
Lufthansa Group announced (17-Jun-2021) the German Federal Aviation Authority issued an Air Operator Certificate (AOC) to Eurowings Discover on 16-Jun-2021. The carrier will make its inaugural scheduled flight on 24-Jul-2021, operating from Frankfurt to Mombasa with onward flight to Zanzibar. Additional destinations for the carrier under the summer 2021 flight schedule include Punta Cana and Windhoek in Aug-2021, followed by Las Vegas and Mauritius in Oct-2021. Before the start of long haul operations at the end of Jul-2021, Eurowings Discover plans to operate selected continental flights as wet lease for Lufthansa Group airline Air Dolomiti from mid-July-2021 in order to gradually ramp up operations and ensure a smooth start on long haul routes. Eurowings Discover is also the first airline in Germany to receive an unlimited permit under a new aviation law requirement known as partial CAMO (Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation). The carrier's fleet will consist of a maximum of 11 aircraft by the end of 2021, growing to 21, comprising 10 A320s and 11 A330s, by mid 2021. All aircraft are coming from to the Lufthansa Group fleet pool. [more - original PR]
Want More News Like This?
- If the first two decades of the century were transformational for the aviation industry, the 2020s will be revolutionary.